21.5 C
London
Monday, July 4, 2022

My 16-year-old son’s lung ‘exploded’ after he inhaled laughing gas

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


A MUM has warned those going to Glastonbury Festival this week to avoid taking laughing gas after it made her son’s lung “explode”.

Alex Littler, 16, inhaled nitrous oxide at a gig but was later taken to hospital with a swollen neck, breathlessness and a ruptured lung.

Alex Littler, 16, inhaled nitrous oxide at a gig but was later taken to hospital with a swollen neck, breathlessness and a ruptured lung

3

Alex Littler, 16, inhaled nitrous oxide at a gig but was later taken to hospital with a swollen neck, breathlessness and a ruptured lungCredit: Kennedy News
Mum Cathy McCann, 44, has warned those going to Glastonbury Festival this week to avoid taking the drug

3

Mum Cathy McCann, 44, has warned those going to Glastonbury Festival this week to avoid taking the drugCredit: Kennedy News

Medics said he was lucky to be alive.

Mum Cathy McCann, 44, of Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, said: “No one knows the consequences.”

The beautician added: “It could have killed him.

“His lung has a hole in it.”

'Hippy crack' laughing gas could be made illegal under drugs crackdown
‘Hippy crack’ warning for Costa Brits after string of deaths & horror plunges

Nitrous oxide is used legally as an anaesthetic but is often pumped into balloons to be inhaled by those hunting for a high.

It is illegal to supply it for such effects.

A festival spokesman said: “As a contraband good, under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 it is banned at Glastonbury.”

Medics said Alex was lucky to be alive

3

Medics said Alex was lucky to be aliveCredit: Kennedy News





Read More

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news
- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: